Shapiro & Smith Dance: Opening Night Dinner and Show with Tubman Friends
Join Woman's Club Member and choreographer Joanie Smith for an evening with fellow Club Members and Tubman guests. The evening includes dinner at The Woman's Club, award-winning dance at The Cowles Center and provided transportation.
The evening performance, Notes From A Séance, is a mock Gothic romance inspired by the life of Helena Blavatsky, a Russian occultist who created Theosophy, an esoteric philosophy that had a following in the late 19th century.
For the 5th year, Shapiro & Smith Dance is partnering with The Club and Tubman to welcome guests to enjoy an evening of great food and dance.
- Join us for the evening: $85.00, dinner at The Club, transportation, premium seating for the performance and a post-show reception with the dancers.
- Sponsor a guest from Tubman: for $85.00 more you can participate and sponsor a guest from Tubman for the evening.
- Support Shapiro & Smith on-site workshops at Tubman: for $250.00, you can enjoy the evening, sponsor a guest from Tubman and help underwrite the costs associated with Shapiro & Smith Dance's workshops at Tubman's Twin Cities facilities.
To make reservations or a contribution, contact Club Member and Shapiro & Smith Associate Erin Cragg (651-398-7528 or firstname.lastname@example.org). All reservations must be prepaid and made through Erin no later than April 12. The Front Desk is not taking reservations for this event.
- 6:00 pm Gathering, dinner and remarks
- 7:30 pm Depart for The Cowles Center
- 8:00 pm Performance
- 9:30 pm Back to The Club for reception
If you are unable to join us on the 19th but would like to attend the performance on the 20th, tickets can be obtained through The Cowles Center's Box Office (www.thecowlescenter.org or 612-206-3600). Club Members can use the promo code NOR15 for a special ticket price.