Breakfast Networking: Trademarks and Copyrights for the Business Owner
Guest Speaker: Julie Finch
Trademarks, Service Marks and Copyrights are the foundational intellectual property rights every business owner needs to know about. They show up in the name of your company, your products and in all your marketing.
In this presentation, Julie Finch will have the answers to questions like:
- What is the difference between a trademark and a copyright?
- Do I need a state trademark registration or a federal trademark registration?
- Why do I need a trademark registration if the Secretary of State's office let me start my company under my name?
- What is a copyright troll and why do I care?
- What is a Cease & Desist letter?
Julie Finch offers your business practical, in-depth insights from an internal company perspective. Through Finch Law, Julie has been advising small and mid-sized companies for more than 13 years. Prior to that, she spent over 10 years as an intellectual property attorney for Honeywell and was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Minnesota. She also worked as a partner at Rider Bennett and Hinshaw & Culbertson, serving companies in various industries doing business around the world.
Julie has given back to the legal community as an Adjunct Clinical Law Professor in the area of business law for William Mitchell College of Law, and as an Adjunct Professor at St. Thomas University and at St. Catherine University.
Club Members: $16.50 plus Tax & Service Fee • RSVP through the Front Desk
Nonmembers: $20.00 plus Tax & Service Fee • Buy tickets on Eventbrite
Contact Margaret Smith with any questions