Upcoming Events at the Ard Godfrey House
Join us for the following 2016 Special Events at the Ard Godfrey House. All events are free and open to the public.
- Sunday, May 15: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- At the Godfrey House annual Dandelion Day celebration, learn how Harriet Godfrey brought dandelion seeds in 1849 to St. Anthony Falls from her home in Maine, and how she used dandelions in family life. Take home free Godfrey House buttons for the kids and Harriet’s recipes for brewing dandelion coffee and tea.
Godfrey House Opens for the Season
- Saturday, June 4: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Our summer season kick-off! Summer hours are Saturdays and Sundays, June through August, 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
Stone Arch Bridge Art & Music Festival
- Saturday and Sunday, June 18 – 19
- Looking for something fun and free to do over Father’s Day Weekend? Look no further than Minneapolis’ iconic Stone Arch Bridge in the St. Anthony Falls area. Now in its 21st year, the Festival showcases more than 50 regional musicians, as well as food vendors, family art activities and 250 artists peddling their wares—all against the beautiful backdrop of the Mississippi River. Take time to pop in to the Godfrey House for a tour of this historic 1850 pioneer home. For more on the Festival, visit www.stonearchbridgefestival.com.
Northeast Dog Parade
- Friday, July 29: 5:30 pm
- The Northeast Dog Parade is a beloved annual event in the St. Anthony neighborhood. Bring your pooch, if you like, and eat, drink, shop, play and—of course—march through the charming Northeast neighborhood. To celebrate, the Godfrey House is open for tours from 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
- Gather in Chute Square for a flea market, prizes and activities. Dog friendly vendors will be selling their wares. Dog owners are encouraged to dress their dogs in fun costumes and outfits for the parade. Compete for chances to win prizes from participating businesses! The Parade starts at 6:30 pm and returns to St. Anthony Main. For more, go to www.northeastminneapolis.com and check “Upcoming Events.”
Last day of the Godfrey House 2016 Summer Season
- Sunday, August 28
The Godfrey House 1850s Holiday Party, 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Sunday, December 4
- Let’s party like it’s 1850! Join us for our 2016 Holiday Party at the Ard Godfrey House. The house is decorated for the holidays in the modest style of the era. Enjoy light refreshments, musical entertainment, free Godfrey House buttons for the kids and guided tours by volunteers in period costumes. See how the Godfrey family celebrated the holidays in the new community at St. Anthony Falls.